Thursday 3 February 2011

Evaluation of final design for my food experiments

I am finding it very hard to consolidate my ideas into final designs for jewellery. One of the things i have tried doing is manipulating photos on photoshop and placing different compositions and cut outs of the shape of the test tubes on to a picture of a friend. I am struggling because I have never used photoshop before. But I did come up with an interesting composition where I just took the outline of the test tubes instead of their content and placed it over the figure in my photo.

   It may not be very useful but i think the idea of placing different shapes and forms over a figure is kind of an alternative to drawing that I may find useful for further development stages in future projects. The image does inspire me and makes me think of slightly disturbing/ violent subjects such as the film "the man in the iron mask", being i jail, mental patients...and so on. I don't see how this directly relates to my project other than the fact that the imagery of test tubes and medicine does convey something about being ill, or treating something-maybe used for patients.

I think I could extend this project much further if I had more time. I think the reason for my lack of final ideas is because I didn't manage my time very well and I didn't have a clear action plan. These are things I will need to consider when doing my final major project in a few days. Like I have said previously when evaluating this project, a positive point is that I have experimented a lot with alternative materials which I have not done as much in other projects. In my portfolio I am hoping that this project will add another aspect the the overall view of my work showing that I have the will to be experimental , not worry about final outcomes and embrace the fact that something might not always work.

No comments:

Post a Comment