Tuesday 1 February 2011

Food experiments

For my most recent project I have started experimenting with food because I wanted to explore different materials. So far I have focused on looking at how food can transform through chemical reactions.

Some of the experiments I have done included a grape and 3 saltanas in bleach and another in vinegar. I have also tried putting an egg in vinegar. These experiments have all been the long term transformations because the food goes through the process of going off which takes longer then my other short term experiments. These included mixing washing powder with vinegar which you can imagine is a very fizzy and quick transformation. Another was diet coke and soya milk which causes the two liquids to separate giving 3 layers of substances each with a different weight.  I have documented all these experiments in a sketch book.

No comments:

Post a Comment